Newsletter Back Issues: 2003

Newsletter Back Issues: 2003

6.25
  • Newsletters from 2003

  • Please see below for the contents of each issue

  • Price includes shipping & handling

Issue:
Quantity:
Add To Cart

Vol. 06, No. 01; Winter 2003

Mineral Pigments Once Mined in Berks
by Gloria Jean and George Meiser
Three page article on the history of mineral pigment mining in Berks County and the surrounding area, and how the minerals were made into a product. Originally published in The Reading Eagle on Dec 16, 1982.

The Atlas Mineral Products Company
researched by Pat Michalak
One page article on the history of ownership of the land that eventually held the business of Atlas Mineral Products Company in Albany Township.

Interview of Mary "Polly' (Wirtz) Snook

Vol. 06, No. 02; Spring 2003

Childhood Playmates in Saegersville, PA
from Reminiscences of Saegersville 1898-1908
by Raymond E. Hollenbach circa 1911

Part 2 of Mr. Hollenbach's reminiscences of his childhood summers playing and working on neighboring farms.


Vol. 06, No. 03; Summer 2003

A Healer's Life in Lyons
by Darree Robin Sicher
Story about the life of Olympia Alvarez Reppert and Thomas Edgar Reppert of Lyons, as told by her daughter Catherine Reppert Mathews of Kempton. The story came about through a oral history interview done by Daree Robin Sicher who wrote this article. It appeared in the Lyons Roar Newsletter in May 2003. Several photographs accompany the article.
Reprinted from the "Lyons Roar" Newsletter, May 2003, Issue 11, Volume 3.

Vol. 06, No. 4; Fall 2003

The Stony Run Hotel
by Crissa Robin Carrol
A student research project for Northwestern Lehigh High School, February 14, 2002, on the history of Stoney Run (also known as Stony Run), the ownership of the Stony Run Hotel and the happenings in the surrounding area. 2 page article

Ida Bond - Her Gameland's Open
by Gerald A Renner
Ownership of Ida Bond Hotel Property
provided by Sally Shane
Article about deer hunting season at well known Ida Bond's Hotel that appeared in "The Eagle' on December 1, 1964. Also included is a list of property ownership from 1732 to 1983.